Announcing launch of our Markets and Liquidity Programme

I am so excited to let you all know about a new programme we’ve launched today with a group of amazing liquidity providers, market makers and market creators who have joined as founding members.

The Markets and Liquidity Programme is designed to provide all the information and support required by these professionals to evaluate Vega both commercially and technically, as we gear up to launch our public testnet in the next few months.

Market making on Vega promises to be a really compelling offering since by disintermediating the typical exchange operations, we are able to transparently redirect the bulk of the trading fees to market makers (the rest are used for rewarding those running and securing the network). Further to this, market makers who join a market early have the chance to earn rewards that grow significantly with the growth of the market (kind of like incubating a startup as a VC).

If you’re interested in learning more, see the high-level description of the programme below and I’d love to discuss it further either on this forum or DM / email tamlynr@vega.xyz

ABOUT THE PROGRAMME

The Markets And Liquidity Programme aims to provide the necessary information for market and trading professionals to evaluate Vega commercially and technically, and collaborate to refine the protocol and progress towards launch.

Phase 1 (May – July):

• Onboarding to Vega Testnet and education on the protocol and mechanism design
  • Opportunity for dialogue and collaboration with Vega and other participants around risk mitigation and incentives in the protocol

Phase 2 (Aug – Oct):

• Exploration with Vega engineering and quant team of market ideas and how to create successful markets at launch
  • Access to tools and workshops for detailed market, revenue and risk analysis of the protocol and launch market ideas

Phase 3 (Nov – Dec):

• Collaboration on specific market ideas
  • Information sharing and access to Vega team and validators ahead of launch

What are the benefits of joining?

Exclusive access to launch planning and markets:

• Onboarding to Vega’s Testnet and access to engineering team to support with integration
  • Access to Vega’s protocol design,quant, and technical teams and modelling tools to enable the development of strategies and business models
  • Inclusion in planning the launch of the Vega network with validators and other stakeholders, including discussions around initial markets and setting protocol parameters (i.e. market protection, fee and incentive levels, etc.)
  • Input into features and roadmap discussions

Partnering with Vega:

• Co-authoring thought leadership around decentralised trading
  • Inclusion in our press release announcement of the program

How do I join?

Either message me here, post in the forum or email me at tamlynr@vega.xyz saying you’d like to join.

What’s the time commitment?

Phase 1 we ask a 1 hour testnet onboarding and attendance of our 2 hour seminar.

Does joining = committing to market make?

No, Phase 1 and Phase 2 are all about learning and collaborating, without any specific commitments. Phase 3 will dig deeper into the launch process and how to commit to market making.

When is mainnet?

We are targeting Q4 2020 for mainnet.

What markets will exist on mainnet?

Launch markets will be cash settled futures with a mix of underlyings; both crypto pairs and traditional assets. Settlement will be in crypto assets, primarily stablecoins and major cryptocurrencies.

Underlyings may be crypto related concepts (such as BTC/USD, hashprices) or alternatively traditional financial indices (such as the S&P 500, Eurodollar, commodity prices etc.). Covid-19 may spur markets to launch based on economic indicators, such as airline fuel consumption or city pollution indices.

Members of this program will have the opportunity to work closely with other members, validators, and the community to develop, model, calibrate and risk assess launch markets.

13 Likes

I am interested in joining, is it too late?

4 Likes

Thanks for your interest @pkr. I just received your email - let’s chat about it. I’ll DM you :smiley:

4 Likes

Hey @tamlyn - Super curious! Still time to follow through?

3 Likes

Hi @jayd - welcome to the community! I’ll DM you!

2 Likes

Hello @tamlyn - Can i join as well ?

4 Likes

I am interested in joining. Can I still sign up?

3 Likes

Hi @Derek_Ross welcome to the community. I’ll DM you regarding your request.

4 Likes

Hi, Iove this project .How can I participate in LIQUIDITY PROVIDERS ?

2 Likes

Thanks for your interest @wenhuizhou! As a starting point, check out this recent Twitch stream where @barney introduces the liquidity mechanism at a high level: Twitch

This functionality is coming soon to the public Vega testnet - have you had a chance to jump on that yet?

2 Likes

I am interested in joining.

1 Like

Hey tamlyn, I just tried going to the twitch stream to try and catch up on things & it doesn’t seem to be there. Can you point me somewhere else for either an update on the progress of Vega or liquidity mining?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @Georgehosterguy we use the twitch to stream but then the video lives on youtube - please check it out here :slight_smile: Community Call #6 - Introducing Liquidity - YouTube

2 Likes

I really interest in Vega. How can I join the Markets and Liquidity Programme?

3 Likes

Thanks for your interest @bolui ! In the near future, the liquidity mining mechanism will be deployed onto the public testnet, alonside a range of education and incentives. I will personally invite everyone in this thread. If you’ve not had a chance to yet, I’d reacommend getting comfortable with the rest of the trading protocol on the Testnet, I’m happy to set you up with some wallet credentials - or you can set yourself up, following the links here: Announcing Vega Wallet & open access to Testnet | by Barnabee | Vega Protocol | Medium

3 Likes

Thank you very much @tamlyn. I will try and testing the wallet around first.
@team, thank you for the hard work and the magic console :smiley:

3 Likes

Interested as well. Thanks team!

2 Likes

我想加入你们团队,并用我的团队为中国营销vega,并投资vega

我的微信是578374206
欢迎vega.前来指导

I’m ready as well :innocent: