The Vega Sticker Competition [19th Nov - 18th Dec] 🎭

Hello all,

It is finally time to spice up Vega’s Discord/Telegram with stickers from the creative Vega Community! :exploding_head:

The Competition

1. Submit as many stickers as you want - each as an individual entry (see requirements below).

2. The Vega team will vote to collate the top 40 best stickers.

3. The community will vote on Twitter for their favourite stickers, with the 20 highest voted stickers getting added into the official Vega stickers on Telegram and Discord, and used on other social channels.

Entry Rules

1. Entries will be judged on originality, relevance to Vega, clever use of Vega assets.
  2. Submissions must be your own original work.
  3. Sticker sets with Vega colours and brand assets will have a higher chance of winning. Have a look at the GitHub brand design repo for more information and inspiration.
  4. Offensive, unproductive, or bad faith submissions may be removed at our discretion.
  5. By submitting a sticker, you accept that Vega has the full rights to use the stickers at their discretion. If you are uncomfortable with this, please do not submit.
  6. The team reserves the right to select no winners if no suitable entries are made. We want to select winners, so please make good submissions :frog:!
  • Sticker requirements
    • PNG file (you can also upload an SVG version in addition)
    • Transparent background
    • 512 px by 512 px
    • Should also look good at 320px by 320px

How to Enter?

To submit your entries, go to GitHub and create a Pull Request (PR) in the vega_sticker_competition_entries Repo, and upload images.

Competition Phases
Phase 1
The submission phase will last ~2 weeks, ending at 00:01 GMT on 04/12/21.
Phase 2
There will then be a ~1-week voting process amongst the Vega Team lasting until 11/12/21.
Phase 3
The Community will then vote on Twitter via retweets to decide the final selection of 20 stickers that will be added to the Vega Discord/Telegram channels.
The vote begins on 13/12/21 from the Vega Twitter account and ends at 00:01 GMT on 18/12/21!

Competition Notice

While anyone over the age of 18 can submit stickers, unfortunately, eligibility to receive prizes is restricted as follows:

• Residents of the Crimea Region or any of the following countries: People’s Republic of China, Canada, Burma/Myanmar, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Crimea Region, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Sudan, Ecuador, Egypt, Kyrgyzstan, Morocco, Namibia are not eligible for prizes and will not receive any prizes.
  • Citizens, residents or green card holders of the United States of America are not eligible for prizes and will not receive any prizes.

Read the full Vega Terms & Conditions for the full prize eligibility criteria.

Prizes :trophy::trophy::trophy:

Winners share in a 500 VEGA total prize pool: 25 tokens for each sticker that is accepted into the official set of stickers. Creators can have more than one sticker accepted.

• From Tranche 12 (1/3rd unlocked & remainder released over 4 months)

Additional perks for the winners

• We will tweet your social handle(s) and the winning design(s)
  • Your stickers will be featured in all the Vega chat channels
  • In the future we might ask you to make more design assets for Vega (rewarded in VEGA tokens)

Good luck! :hedgehog:

5 Likes

Reserved

1 Like

I got stuck in straight away. I also think I forked more times than at a buffet. Hope you like some of them

You managed to fork it and I can see that you’ve already uploaded the images. All that’s left to do is to create a Pull Request.

1 Like

Phase 1 ends soon so I’ve made a GitHub submission guideline video (as part of the weekly Fairground Jam, Thursdays, 6pm GMT, Twitch live stream):

I’ll also edit it into the OP.