[Proposal] Increase Validator Commission From 11.7% to 20%

Regarding this:

Transparency

Would you mind share your cost base? While not as lucrative as before I cant see that the top validators like you - Commodum (@Ed-Commodum) and Lovali (@marcotor) are not breaking (at-least) even. Given that your rewards are currently around 1000-1500 Vega a month. At time of writing this amounts to around $1000 to $1500.

@Ed-Commodum, it’s very often a big difference on recommended spec and what HW validators actually are running. So feel free to share your actual set-up on both testnet and mainnet. @marcotor feel free to do the same. This would greatly increase transparency.

In conclusion, I think this proposal is very premature and should be revised at the same time as the governance for upgrading/introducing restricted trading. But who am I to say something because in the end this proposal have most likely already been discussed internally between you the validators and the team. With the team controlling a large part of the tokens and based upon david comment above and the voting pattern I assume they have already in part decided on the outcome.

In my opinion this situation is upon the team solely, being responsible for launching the empty mainnet for no apparent reasons 1.5 years and with that depleting the treasury/rewards. This could as easily have gone to actually rewarding dapps, testnet etc instead of rewarding nothing and increasing the free-float.

2 Likes

It is not currently possible to have a different validator commission per-asset.