Notes from call
Rolled out governance proposals for the purpose of market creation into our testnet. This includes:
- Being able to submit a governance transaction to the blockchain that proposes a new futures market. Included in that transaction is of course, a bunch of data that defines the instrument and market.
- Being able to vote on that proposal.
- If the vote passes, having that market automatically launched into a “pending state” which comprises an opening auction, and then at the “enactment time” launches into a continuous trading mode with a limit order book.
Available via GRPC APIs on Testnet, with REST APIs coming in the next release.
Tamlyn demonstrating a walkthrough of this at Dystopia Labs’ Liquidity 2020 conference this Sunday 18th October 6.30pm London time.
Ran a (Covid-compliant) mini-hackathon with Vega team members and community members with the challenge of creating 2-3 markets to propose on Testnet. Created 2 markets; eth gas futures and YFI/DAI futures.
Next mini-hack will take place in the next 2-4 weeks and open to the community. This will be advertised on all channels.
Update from Edd, Head of Engineering
- Wendy, the little fairness widget by Klaus Kursawe (Blockchain researcher at Vega) is being updated.
- See Klaus’s presenting at the AFT conference 21st October - sign up here.
- Price monitoring and ERC20 bridge are both in testing.
- Coming up in next release is improving the life of node runners and liquidity protocol.
Update from Barney, Co-Founder
- Vega is sponsoring ETHOnline, see intro video and workshop
- Developing more ways to get involved with the community but in the meantime join us on discord, forum and twitter.