Alpha Console Feedback

So, there’s a new version of the Vega Trading Console → Console V2!

The reasoning behind this is to simplify the Vega Console so that any user can get started with it with little difficulty.

It’s currently in early Alpha but is developing very quickly and so feedback is useful for us to work out how best to improve things to benefit users.

Therefore, could you head to https://alpha.console.vega.xyz/ and leave some feedback below?

Thanks again for being an early contributor to Vega :hedgehog:

2 Likes

Feedback on the Alpha console:

I understand it’s still at it’s earlier stage.

The interphase is still scanty as there is no market created yet.
But It was easy connecting my vega wallet to the console as well as my MetaMask wallet (I wanted to make a deposit of Vega testnet token, lol).
I also love the fact that it has wide range of acceptable wallets that can be connected (including the QR Code and Desktop option).
But I think a black background (just like the testnet console) would be more appealing.

Generally I it’s a good start and it will be good to explore more of the features yet to be added.

Alpha Console Feedback

1. It’s great to have supported so many wallets with web wallet and wallet connect
  2. Position management is easier with the portfolio organized into separate tabs and easy to choose to track
  3. I agree with Tonynnamdi’s point about the background color being unattractive and a bit hard to see when using white. I also like the black background color because it feels easy on the eyes and familiar :smiley:
    Be trading is not available yet, it is not possible to view the features of the trading screen on the new interface

Alpha Console Feedback

1. It’s great to have supported so many wallets with web wallet and wallet connect
  2. Position management is easier with the portfolio organized into separate tabs and easy to choose to track
  3. I agree with Tonynnamdi’s point about the background color being unattractive and a bit hard to see when using white. I also like the black background color because it feels easy on the eyes and familiar :smiley:
    Because trading is not available yet, it is not possible to view the features of the trading screen on the new interface

I am going to be harsh :smiley:
I do not like i it. I do think that the trade off is too big.
I suggest going the IBKR way. More about this will be place as follows.
The portfolio prest is very clear and clean. The same can be reached in very clear and fast clicks on the original interface.
The trading part is very familiar with most interfaces. BUT!! but what, right :smiley: in both floating list version as the one i have just encountered, is not reusable. How is it going to look when there are much more markets.

I understand the good intention for simplification. Still, i think we have to distinguish between simple-vs-complex and simple-vs-complicated. Vega console as is, is not complicated. It does reflect the complex character of the product it is serving to the user. It is not about having so much there. It is more about, when!!! The first user may omit some windows. But, i think the same user will be begging for the other windows once the initial learning exposure is flattening.

So i suggest the IBKR way. They have kind of 2 default setups. Classis and Mosiac. The classic one is simplified to an extent. Mosaic is looking very very similar to the vega console. At the same time, users have access to many other functional preset setups they can load with just a click. Precisely just like Vega console already does it when we fire up a market tab.
Besides all of that, they have also an option to customise the whole setup. Again just like it is possible at Vega console right now. Just add a lock/unlock button to lock the accidental clicks on the X.