5 questions about Vega

1. What is the difference between financial bond deposit and market making fee (if any)? If they are two separate charges, approximately how much will each cost?

Thereā€™s no fee in the protocol to be a liquidity provider (market maker) but you do need to put up a ā€œbondā€ or stake on the network, similar to being a validator and also have sufficient balance for the margin required for your orders.

The size of the bond/stake is up to each liquidity provider: the larger the amount committed the more liquidity (measured in siskas, which measure order size * probability of trading) you must supply, and the larger the share of the rewards the protocol will award to you.

1. How can I stake my CoinList tokens?

It is expected that CoinList will support staking for VEGA tokens that are held in their custody. However, token holders should follow updates from CoinList for more details about how to do this and when it will be available.

1. If I want to redeem any unlocked $VEGA that is currently associated and staked on Restricted Mainnet, do I need to disassociate first?

Yes, you will need to disassociate any staked $VEGA before you can redeem the tokens from the tranche in the vesting contract to an ERC20 compatible Ethereum wallet.

1. How is collateral managed by Vega network?

vega network manages collateral via links to other blockchains with funds deposited by paying in to a smart contract on the ā€˜hostā€™ chain. Collateral can as well be used as margin for orders and positions, meaning the required funds will be allocated to a market until they are no longer needed and are released. Allocated funds canā€™t be withdrawn or used for trading in other markets too.

1. How much Vega Circ supply ?

VEGA has a fixed supply of 64,999,723 tokens, of which 7.5% will be available in the token sale.